Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm It!

OK - apparently I've been tagged by Craver VII and though I know absolutely nothing about any of this and I am usually reluctant to talk about myself, my husband likes this guy and all his online pals - they seem like good people. And I'm sure they are probably curious about this wife of his, so here ya go:


1. Post the rules of the game.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are my eight facts, for better or worse:

1. I married my high school sweetheart - we met when we were 16 and 17 and have been married for 12 years this summer. Yes, that's Marcus.
2. I don't like ice cream, and contrary to what my husband says, this does not make me a Communist. I have sensitive teeth. I'd rather have a piece of cake.
3. I saw Beauty and the Beast 9 times in the theatre when I was in high school. Yeah, I really did. Imagine that much free time and disposable money.
4. I am playing Titania this summer in a local Kerrville community theatre production of Midsummer Night's Dream. "What! Jealous Oberon...."
5. I sing tenor in our church choir. I have been mistaken for a man on the phone.
6. I love to cook and bake, especially Rachel Ray's recipes, although they aren't the lowest in fat in the world. I am actually addicted to baking - sometimes I will make a cake just because I feel like it, then I'll send it to work with Marcus so I don't eat it (see the next fact).
7. Speaking of fat, I am a Lifetime Weight Watchers member, having lost 25 pounds two years ago after my son was born.
8. I can actually put my entire fist in my mouth. However, don't ask me to do it as I gave myself TMJ in high school by doing it to often and now I am too old.

OK, now that I fully embarassed myself, now it is these people's turn. I do not know 8 people who are online, so I will do my best:
Marcus Goodyear, Jessi Lane, Leah Rocha, Sarah Martin, Jenness Rouse, Will Garcia.

That's it - 6 is close enough. I apologize to those 6 but I would love to hear from you. Thanks, Craver VII. This was fun.

9 comments:

Craver Vii said...

Thanks for sharing! I didn't like ice cream 'till age 35 or so. You can't be a communist just for that.

I practically ruined our high school productuon of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I was Theseus, and it was my first play ever.

And putting your entire fist in the mouth?? That's definitely better than sticking one's foot in the mouth... a feat that I have figuratively done once or twice.

Eve Nielsen said...

The entire fist!! I thought I was the only one who could do that, lol!

Will said...

Actually, Marx makes it quite clear in chapter seven of Das Capital that ice cream in the opiate of the masses and should thus be shunned.

When is your play?

Andrew said...

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading this and getting to know you better. Take care.

Andrew in Alabama
The 4th Avenue Blues

Amy Goodyear said...

Eve - can you really do it? It was a great way to get attention at parties, but alas, I think I would hurt myself if I tried now.

Craver - I don't see liking ice cream ever, although I have been known to eat the occasional dipped cone at Dairy Queen. Hey, I live in Texas. And how can your ruin Theseus? You just act like a pompous jerk (OK Shakespeare scholars - attack me).

Will - the show is July 14 - August 4 - Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night shows. I'd love to see you if you can make it down.

Andrew - thanks for stopping by!

Craver Vii said...

How do you ruin Theseus? Like this:

I drew a breath to speak, but at that precise moment my mind was also drawing... a blank! Having forgotten my line, with all eyes upon me, I broke character and uttered something like, "Uh, yeah..." It was pre-Keanu Reeves, but sounded just like him, if you want to get the idea.

It was shameful! I should never have been allowed on stage again, but now I have something like 8 or 9 plays under my belt, and they say I don't do too badly.

I hope your actors take their roles more seriously that I did for my first play.

Unknown said...

Amy, yup! I suffer from TMJ too :)

Will said...

Where's Charlie has two of my favorite things, showtunes and Oxford, how could I not love it.

Unknown said...

HA!! Good stuff, Amy!! I love ice cream and cakes and cookies and all manner of sweet things. However - and I have done Weight Watchers too and lost over 80 pounds - I cannot keep anything sweet like that in my apartment as it disappears before I know it!