Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thanks!

I apologize for the gap between posts here. Various illnesses among children, birthday parties, church things, etc. - life happens. I hope to be more regular in my posting from now on.

Thanks to all the local folks who made it out to the College Information Night last night at FBC in Kerrville. I hope the evening was interesting and informative. I was excited to see a few parents of 8th graders there last night! It is never too early (or too late for that matter) to prepare for college.

March is an important month for college planning. Here are the things you should be looking at this month:

Juniors - visit schools! Spring Break of your junior year is a great time to visit campuses and start narrowing down your choices. Find out when your colleges have open house days and attend those if you can - many are scheduled in the Spring.

Seniors - right now it's all about financial aid and scholarships. Get that FAFSA in TODAY!! Start checking scholarship deadlines closely and get those in before the last day. Acceptance letters will start coming in - respond accordingly. If you know where you are going, send that housing information in ASAP. You don't usually have to let the schools you are not going to know, but it is courteous and will keep them from continuing to check up with you.

Good luck - get to work!

2 comments:

CJP said...

Amy! It's me, Chris! (You know... Patlovany... that guy that disappears for years at a time only to resurface seemingly unchanged by the muck and mire he was hiding in...) Anyway, I've been trying to track you and Marcus down for the past few days (I had a disturbing dream, and it made me realize I miss you both), but all I could find was this blog and a couple of Marcus's pieces on Faith in the Workplace.com. Anyway, please email me some contact info. I'd love to talk to y'all again.

See you soon...
cpatlovany@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you