Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cold? Warm Your Heart with MONEY

OK, so the title is cheesy, but after being stuck at home with my children for two days under ice and snow, my mind is thawing out and losing grip. But not enough to where I have forgotten about my promise to give you tips for spring semester college preparation.

My word for seniors and juniors today is the same - MONEY. The spring is the perfect time for begin/continue financial aid and scholarship applications, both for seniors and juniors. Seniors should be getting the FAFSA done and checking out local scholarship opportunities which often have deadlines in February and March. Juniors can begin checking out national scholarship competitions through Fastweb (some allow juniors to apply) and looking into special opportunities at your schools of choice to attend summer workshops and camps for high school students (this looks GREAT on future applications).

The key this month for financial aid is not to slack off or give up because you think it's too early or too late. If you get on the ball, you can pay for college. Countless stories can be found out about individuals who practically paid for college by gathering as many scholarships as they could find, both large and small. Check out the Scholarship Coach - he paid for Harvard through his hard work!

Good luck, and let me know how I can help.

No comments: